Friday, July 1, 2016

Average Week at the MTC

So this week was my last average week at the MTC.  For the most part, it consisted of a lot of class time where we talked about how to teach the plan of salvation, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Commandments, and a couple of other more minor things.  We also got to teach a couple of new TRC investigators named Sydney and Geoffrey.  Sydney actually committed to baptism and Geoffrey said he would do so once he talked to his wife.  The spirit has been really strong in their lessons and it has been really good.

Beyond teaching, we also got to go to two devotionals the past week which discussed mission stress each time.  They were pretty good and it was fun to hear the speakers stories.  The major event this past week was when we got to do in field orientation which consisted of nine hours of presentations and role plays.  It didn't teach too much we didn't already know, but it helped us feel a bit better about how we will do when we get into the mission field.

Overall, not to much out of the ordinary happened this week, though next week I will finally be able to go to the mission field and start having real stories to tell everyone reading this.  The MTC has been a great experience and I have learned a lot from the spirit about how to become the kind of missionary the Lord wants me to be.

Thanks for reading,

Elder Baxter

P.S.   I didn't get a computer that sends pictures this week, but I will make sure to send a lot more when I can.  The MTC is really crowded and the good computers are always being used by others.

Yes, I am taking pictures.  Its just there wasn't a whole lot I could take pictures of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment