Monday, November 7, 2016

Goodbye to Medford

This past week was my final week in the Medford third ward.  To start this past week for Halloween we had to go to the apartment early where Elder Hoskins and I spent time playing card games among other things.  On Tuesday we got to serve at the Saint Vincet food kitchen and pig farm again. During all of this we got to witness one of the Spanish elders burn his suit in celebration of completing his mission.  I have seen him several times every week and it is a bit strange to see someone I know fairly well already leaving.  We then had a lesson with the Devenport Family and that was the day.

The following few days were pretty regular and there is not too much to say.  We did have another lesson with the Blankswade's which went well and we got to try to contact quite a few people.  This Saturday we did have a baptism where Taylie got baptized in Utah.  While we didn't get to see it, Taylie marks the first baptism I will have had while on the mission, with Henry being currently scheduled for baptism on the 19th of November.

Saturday was mainly dominated by the transfer news.  Elder Hoskins will stay here while I will go up to the Springfield stake by Eugene and go to the Oakridge branch with Elder Briceno.  I am sad to be leaving all the people I met here, but the future is also exciting as well.  The rest of Saturday and Sunday were then filled with saying good byes as well as packing.  On Sunday I also had the chance to bear one last testimony to the ward and teach the Gospel Principles class about the Spirit World. Whatever the future holds, I look forward to taking it head on and to continue to learn and grow in the Gospel and to help others do the same.

Thank you for reading,
Elder Baxter

Saying Goodbye...

Farewell...

So Long...

Take Care...

'Bye...

Until We Meet Again!

Halloween Fun

What happens when you have to be in early.

Happy Halloween

Don't move or the pumpkin gets it!

No comments:

Post a Comment