Monday, February 12, 2018

Baptismal Witness

Hello Everyone,

This week I got to witness the first baptism of someone I have taught!  In the past, I got to Skype the various people following the baptism, but this time I had the privilege of getting to see the actual event.  What I learned overall though is that I am just happy that she made the decision to be baptized ultimately, and whether I am there or not doesn't make too much of a difference.  The baptism and confirmation occurred on Saturday, where we were the witnesses, in charge of the part of the program while they got dried off, and were able to be in the confirmation circle.  It was a good, spiritual event, that was very well attended, by their family as well as ward members.  I am very excited for them!

The rest of the week was spent doing much of the same.  One fun story came when I had my district leader give me a haircut.  Over the course of it he ended up having some trouble and probably messed up, but didn't tell me, haha.  Due to it, he had to change my hairstyle, basically changing my life.  On the plus side a lot of various people have complimented my hair, I just hope it was real and not being nice!

We got to teach a bunch of various lessons this week, that went very well.  Teaching the part member family is going very well, though their progress is slow.  We have also had some small other updates on others we are hoping to more fully teach soon.  It is a slow grind, but when it gets going it will be great!

Now I am entering another transfer.  I am staying with my companion, finishing up his training.  We also have a temple trip this transfer sometime in March.  Training has been fun and the mission is awesome.  As I come another step closer to the end, I hope to endure to the end well and truly invite all to come closer to Christ.

Thanks for all of the support!
Elder Baxter

Baptism Day

Valentine package from home

Loving the castle entrance to this home

No comments:

Post a Comment