Monday, March 26, 2018

Make Every Moment Count

Hello Everyone,

Nothing too crazy happened following the temple trip this past week.  We had several lessons with two of our families who are making great progress towards coming to church, as well as living the word of wisdom.  Outside of that, most of our week was spent going out and trying to make contact with those whom have had previous contact with the missionaries.  It has been a slow process trying to meet everyone and gage their interest level, but it will pay off soon.

One story that came from this past week was that I was able to see one of my past companions, Elder Hoskins, again.  He goes home this week and he is one area over from me, so we decided to do dinner.  It was a cold and rainy bike ride but it was nice to be able to say gooddbye and realize how close to the end I really am.  One thing I know I am going to try to do is really make every moment count and go out and really do my best these last two transfers.

I know that this Gospel is true.  Joseph Smith was the prophet who restore the church, and that Jesus really is the Christ.  Through him we can be strengthened past trials and receive forgiveness from our sins.  And best of all, because of Christ we can access these blessings today, we do not need to wait for a future day but choose to repent and come to him today.  When we do so and keep his commandments, including baptism and the sacrament, we truly can receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, which blesses us with all of the necessary blessings to come back as well as be sanctified from our sins.  I know this is true.

Thank you for all of the support!
Elder Baxter

Goodbye to Elder Hoskins

Going Out and Doing Our Best



No comments:

Post a Comment