Monday, June 18, 2018

Learned So Much

Hello Everyone,

Well, this is it, the last full weekly email!  The mission is starting to come up on the end and it has been the best two years I could have ever done for myself.  But to back up, on Wednesday we had the departing missionaries temple trip.  Elder Ellinghaus and Elder Kellerstrass came in the night before from Medford to spend the night with us before the trip.  It was a great and long night catching up with them and seeing how my previous companions have been.  The temple trip was great as well and had a wonderful Spirit as the Lord confirmed several things for me.  I also had the chance to better get to know President Orton along the way.

On Thursday I had the chance to meet with the Cunningham’s and share a last testimony with them.  It was a great lesson and the Spirit was there strongly.  Friday and Saturday were pretty normal proselytizing days as well.  Sunday I said some goodbyes, did a final Tracting session, and got soaked by the Oregonian rain hitting out of no where.  Guess it had to happen at least one more time, haha!  Myles also received the Aaronic Priesthood, was sustained as a ward missionary, and has a temple recommend.  I can’t wait to see how he continues to progress!

Later today I have my final dinner appointment with my ward mission leader and then doing a family home evening with the White’s and their main fellow shippers, the Hoyt’s.  Tomorrow I will stick around the area until 4 when the transfer van comes up and takes us to the mission home for a dinner and final testimony meeting.  I will then spend the night at the AP’s place, and head home the final day.

I have learned so much over the course of the mission.  I have learned about how to work in wards, the importance of sacrifice and obedience, opening my mouth and having it be filled, and so much more.  But for now I would like to share my testimony on Jesus Christ and His Restored Gospel.  And that is that I know that Christ is my Savior and that he suffered for me in order to help me return home.  I know that as I make my daily actions into acts of faith in Him I will be given the power to repent and live His doctrine.  When I do this, I have felt His Spirit and know that despite how crazy life may be, He is there and will help us in any circumstance.  I love Him and I know that I must always invite others to come to know Him as well.  That is how we can bring peace to a crazy world.

Thank you for everyone who has helped me along this journey, both here in Oregon and at home.  See you all soon and thank you for the support!

Elder Baxter

Leavers Temple Trip

50 yard line

With President and Sister Orton

At the Mission Office

This tag picture

No comments:

Post a Comment