Monday, August 15, 2016

Record Pear Picking

As of writing this blog letter, I am officially finished with two months of my mission, which is a crazy thought.  The past transfer flew by, and now I am in my second one, with the same companion and area.  Beyond that, this past week has been fairly similar to previous weeks.

Throughout the week, we did a final pear farm picking where we broke the record, again, and filled up 17 crates.  We also helped out in feeding the homeless again, working at another farm (where the pictures of me are taken,) and helped Steffano prepare for an intensive surgery.  I got to give my second priesthood blessing which was very powerful experience. The spirit was strongly felt, and I think Steffano felt better about what was going to happen.  He came out of the surgery okay.

Beyond that, we had a dinner lesson with a less active member and a non member named the Blankswades who live in a very nice house on top of a mountain.  They are very nice people and they should hopefully be receptive to the Spirit.  We also got to teach an Asian lady who strongly believes in Christ and has many similar beliefs as us.

Beyond that, this week ended with saying good bye to other elders and sisters who are leaving for different areas.  My entire zone is switching around, outside of my companionship, so there were quite a few goodbyes to be made.  Many of our areas are close together so we got to know each other fairly well.  But I am excited for my second transfer and having the chance to make friends with new people.

Thank you for reading,

Elder Baxter

Service at the farm

Sweet Service

View at the Blankswades' home

What a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment