Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas and the Atonement

Merry Christmas everyone!

I don't have a whole lot of time to write this week, but I will share what I can.  This past week was the slow build up for Christmas.  We got to share the Christmas story to several part member families, and combine it with the importance of the Atonement.  It was awesome to see these people make connections and grow a greater appreciation and faith in Jesus Christ and his Atonement.  We also were able to teach Shannon.  She has now finished the first four lessons and is extremely willing to live all of the commandments.  She shared to us her strengthening conversion and showed how she feels the Spirit.  Each time I go over to teach her I feel like that my own faith grows from just seeing her faithfulness.  It is such a blessing from my Heavenly Father to have the chance to teach her.

Outside of the teaching front, we also had exchanges with the zone leaders here in Newport.  One of them has a super nice camera and took amazing pictures that will be used on Facebook and this blog, and outside of that it was a good time.  At the end of that day I had the chance to conduct a baptismal interview for a couple that the Sisters are teaching in Waldport.  It was an amazing experience and those people are more than ready and excited for their baptism.  It is such a privilege to be able to be included in that part of the teaching process.

On Christmas Eve we delivered chocolate Rolo cookies, that Elder Law and I made the night before, and delivered them to various investigators and members.  They continue to be a hit!  We had Christmas Eve dinner with the family of the little girl we are teaching, and then had a Zone testimony meeting.  Finally today I had the chance to Skype my family (got to love technology), and watch the Lego Batman movie with some members for Christmas from a list of approved movies from our mission president.

Thank you for everything that has been done to support me on the mission.  It has made a world of difference and I can't thank you all enough.  This Christmas season, lets go and serve others just as Christ would have us do, and thank you for all of the support!

Merry Christmas!
Elder Baxter

On exchanges

Christmas Eve

Skyping with family

Mom's best Christmas gift

No comments:

Post a Comment