Monday, January 8, 2018

Crazy Week

Hello Everyone,

This was my first week in the Santa Clara 6th ward, and it has been a crazy week.  To start, following last p-day, we came into Corvallis the night before to be part of a Zone prayer and transfer journal signing.  On Wednesday the craziness began.  When I arrived to the transfer spot I got to tag along with Elder Hoskins as well as another Elder for a few hours while I waited for the Springfield zone leaders, who I would spend the day with.  We went all over the city, running a few errands for the mission office.  The day ended pretty normally though.  Then on Wednesday we did service in the morning, had a large trainer meeting with various members of the mission presidency, got to meet the new missionaries, and then I went to the hospital with the zone leaders to help out a missionary who had to go to the emergency room.  Overall, it was a crazy day and writing shortly like this doesn't do it justice.

Thursday I got my greenie, Elder Daugherty.  He is from West Point Utah and it was fun to get to start showing him the ropes of missionary work, as well as see his new missionary energy.  I think that miracles will occur this transfer.  We also got to start meeting the ward leadership, and all signs have shown me that they all want to engage in the missionary work, which will be great for us.  In fact, one mom already came up to us and told us that we need to baptize her daughter.  I think that we can help with that!

The area I am in is a richer part of the neighborhood.  While out trying to contact those that the Sister missionaries had met with before, we came across several mansions and nice neighborhoods.  It will be interesting seeing how the work will progress in this area.

While we are starting with a humble beginning in the area, I believe that we will be blessed and good things will begin to start for this ward.  The people here are good. I'll write to you all next week and thanks for all of the support!

Elder Baxter

With Elder Daugherty

A text picture from a dinner appointment 
that they sent home.

No comments:

Post a Comment